As I am still ill, I am taking the opportunity to catch up on the awards I have been nominated for over the past few months.
The Spirit Animal Award
Thank you to Tadhg for nominating me for this award.
Here are the rules:
- Post the award picture on your blog.
- Write a short paragraph about yourself and what your blog means to you.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- Pick ten nominees.
A Little About Myself and What My Blog Means to Me
My name is Gemma and I am 30 years old. I live in Wigan which is in the north west of England with my husband Dave and dachshund Walter. I am a carer/support worker for two 13 year olds with special needs and I absolutely love it. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with family and friends, taking Walter for walks, going the gym, reading, watching films and tv series, eating out and listening to rock and metal music.
My blog means a great deal to me. I started it not long after being diagnosed with anxiety and depresion. At this time, I struggled to accept my mental health issues. My blog lets me express myself and has helped me to see that I am not alone. I never would have thought that because of this blog that I would make friends with some fantastic people.
If I Were A Spirit Animal, I would Be A…
Dog. They are so loving, caring and playful. They love being around their favourite people and love the simple things in life.
Siblinghood of the World Bloggers
Thanks again to Tadhg for this award
1.) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
2.) Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
3.) Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
4.) Create ten questions for your nominees, and notify them of their nominations.
If you could visit any other historical era and location for one day, where would you pick and why? I always wish that I could have been around when my favourite bands like AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Queen were big in the 70s.
What is your favourite film? I have far too many favourite films to pick just one.
What is your favourite inspirational quote? Don’t really have one
Where was the most amazing place you’ve ever been? Definitely Australia!
What has changed in your writing since you began blogging? I think that my writing has become more honest since I began writing. I have noticed I get so much random inspiration for blog posts now as well.
What was the worst film you’ve seen recently? Ant man. We ended up turning it off!
What inspired you to start blogging? My struggle with anxiety and depression when I was first diagnosed.
Do you have a song you listen to when you feel down? I have a gym playlist with a lot of angry songs on it.
Do you think the education system is fine as it is or do you think major changes are needed? I think that children and young people need more practical skills to be taught to them in schools such as budgeting, home management etc.
What was your favourite movie as a kid? Labyrinth
Do you prefer ebooks or physical books?
Which band/singer do you think are overrated?
What is your favourite biscuit?
Which is your favourite time of the year (e.g.your birthday, Christmas, Halloween etc)?
What film, tv series and book would you recommend for me?
Who is someone you really admire and why?
What is your ideal type of holiday?
Do you have an accent? If so, what accent and is it strong?
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be and why?
The Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to his or her blog.
- Nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered and/or follow regularly.
- Nominate and notify those fifteen bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- List 7 facts about yourself
Tirnanogender: A Journey to Androgyny
7 Facts About Me:
- I drive a 2011 grey Vauxhall Astra called Alfie (I let Dom name my car)
- I own far too many pyjamas, hoodies and pairs of trainers/converse. I am all about being comfy!
- I met one of my good friends at a Lacuna Coil concert.
- I am godmother to her nearly 3 year old son. His name is Flynn 🙂
- Our dachshund Walter is named after Walter White from Breaking Bad which is one of our favourite TV series. Originally, Dave and I had always said that if we got a dog we would call him Dexter after the TV series. But, we were so disappointed with how it ended that we completely went off the name. When we went to see Walter and his litter,they were all microchipped and named after different colours. Without knowing until Walter picked us, Walter was the ‘white’ puppy in the litter. It was like it was meant to be.
- I am ridiculously clumsy. I always have bruises on my arms and legs from accidentally walking into something. When I got married, I had genuine concerns I was going to fall when walking down the aisle.
- When I have finished watching a film or tv series I instantly go on IMDB to check out the trivia about it. I also have to go on IMDB if I recognise an actor/actress so that I can know what I recognise them from.