During my time in Australia I received a lovely notification that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award. A massive thank you to Tadgh for nominating me for this award.
In order to complete the Liebster Award, I have to list 11 facts about myself, answer Tadgh‘s 11 questions and pose my own new 11 questions to 11 other bloggers. They then, in turn, repeat the process (it’s important to remember to credit the person who nominated you.)
- I have an older brother and a younger sister, making me a middle child.
- I have 5 tattoos.
- I absolutely love peanut butter – on toast, in icecream, in chocolate.
- I’m an atheist but a massive believer in karma.
- My memory for song lyrics is pretty good. I only have to listen to a song a few times before I can remember all the lyrics.
- I am ridiculously competitive to the point that I hate losing.
- I frequently talk in my sleep and also experience night terrors at times of stress or if I am over tired.
- I find it extremely hard to forgive people who have wronged me.
- My skin is really sensitive. I suffer from eczema and prone to mosquito bites when on holiday in hot countries. I have been known to have allergic reactions to mosquito bites.
- I read books quickly and read every day.
- I am most comfortable in jeans, band tshirts, trainers/converse and hoodies. If I don’t have to get dressed up for a social event I won’t.
Tadgh’s questions and my answers:
1. What was the best positive thing that occurred to you in your life or just recently? Meeting Dave my husband was probably the best positive thing in my life. My holiday to Australia has been my most recent positive thing.
2. Do you have any tips or strategies you’ve found in your personal experience to cope with stress and/or sensory overload (if applicable)? In terms of stress, talking to people I trust can help me as does any forms of distraction – exercise, reading, watching a film.
3. What people (famous or otherwise) really inspire in your daily life? My husband really inspires me in my daily life. He makes me want to keep going.
4. Think back to a life struggle you overcame, what helped you? Or alternatively, a struggle you’re going through now and what is helping. The support of my family and friends is helping me with my depression and anxiety. Regular CBT sessions are helping me understand myself more. Exercising is a huge help.
5. Where was the most amazing place you’ve ever been? Australia (lookout for future posts on this)
6. Would you consider yourself an optimist or a pessimist? Pessimist
7. What was the best, inspirational quote you’ve heard recently. “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated”
8. What was the greatest book you’ve ever read? I have read far too many amazing books to choose one
9. How has your faith (if applicable)or understanding of faith, developed or changed if at all since when you were younger to the present day? ( For example, if it were me, I could say I was raised in the Catholic tradition but identify as non-denominational now.) I was Church of England as a child. I don’t have a faith at all now due to a number of personal experiences.
10. If you could live in any other historical era, simply based on culture, customs, fashion etc, for a day, what would it be? I would love to experience Tudor England. I studied History up until A-Level and I still have an interest in it.
11. How did you come across my blog? I work with autistic children and so one of the tags I follow on here is autism. Your blog came up when browsing through blogs tagged in autism
The blogs I nominate are:
The Happy Healthy Kiwi
The Rabbit Hole
My Aspie Wife
The Pebble In My Shoe
Take It Easy
Our Journey With Jake
Pieces Of Raymond
Here are my questions:
- Which super power would you choose if you could have one?
- If you could have a dinner party with three famous people (dead or alive) who would you pick?
- What made you start your blog?
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you bought?
- What is the best thing that has happened to you in 2015 so far?
- What is your favourite place you have travelled to?
- What is your proudest moment?
- How is your relationship with your family?
- What is something you are passionate about?
- When you go out for a meal do you prefer to get a starter or a dessert (if you can only pick one)?
- If you have a free day what would be the perfect way to spend it?