I’ve come across a few bloggers answering 100 questions. I thought I would answer them too. So here goes:
1. How are you, really?
I’m tired but OK right now.
2. What are you thinking about?
Whether I should get something to eat
3. What’s your favourite colour?
4. What’s your favourite food?
Pizza, Chinese and Mexican
5. What’s your favourite dessert?
6. How old are you?
7. What have you learned today?
That Pitch Perfect is a great film. I finally got round to watching it!
8. What was your favourite subject in school?
9. What do you do?
I’m a personal assistant for a 12 year old boy with Autism and ADHD. I am also a housewife.
10. What are some of your favourite books?
I am a fan of the Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, Discworld, Game of Thrones and Harry Potter series. I loved The Book Thief, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time and One Day. Some of my favourite authors are Jodi Picoult, Dorothy Koomson and Jojo Moyes
11. What are some of your favourite movies?
I love Disney films. Hairspray and Guardians of the Galaxy I have watched countless times. I am also a massive fan of the Alien, Star Wars, Terminator, Batman and Back to the Future series.
12. What kind of music are you into?
Rock and Metal
13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
I have absolutely no idea! It’s not something I have ever considered.
14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
Having anxiety makes a lot of things scary. When my anxiety and depression are bad the scariest thing for me is doing anything that involves interacting with other people such as going the gym.
One of the scariest things I’ve ever done when my anxiety and depression were not impacting me was delivering autism awareness training to 60 police officers.
15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Seeing how much progress Dominic (the boy I provide respite for) has made.
16. Are you married?
17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
On a night out in a rock club
18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
I don’t think there is a better option. It’s different for each couples. For me and Dave it was right for us to get married after nearly 9 and a half years together.
19. Do you have any kids?
20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
Yes I have.
21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
22. How did you get into your profession?
I first started working with autistic children when I got a job as a playleader for disabled children when I was in university in 2005.
23. Would you recommend your profession to other people? Why / Why not?
I would definitely recommend working with autistic children. It is lovely to know you are making a difference.
24. What do you do for fun?
Les Mills classes at the gym, read, watch tv shows and films, play on xbox, spend time with my family and friends.
25. Do you like traveling?
26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
I’d love to meet my favourite actors and bands. Too many to name!
28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Just be yourself. If people don’t like it, well, fuck them!
29. What’s one of your favourite habits you have?
30. What are some things that make you really happy?
My family, friends and puppy. Being out in the sunshine.
31. What are some things that make you really sad?
Being treated unfairly, when my family and friends are upset, struggling with anxiety and depression.
32. What are some things that scare you?
Ending up on my own.
33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
I’m more a planner then spontaneous
34. Are you a religious person?
35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
37. What was your life like growing up?
Good at home. I struggled in school due to being bullied
38. What were you like in high school?
Quiet and introverted. I kept my head down.
39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
I have a brother and a sister.
40. What’s your favourite part about today so far?
Going for lunch and watching Pitch Perfect with my sister.
41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
My immediate family. They instilled the values I live by.
42. What’s your favourite joke?
43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
I have and loved it.
44. Do you like spicy food?
I like a little bit of spice. I can’t handle super spicy foods.
45. How do you like your steak cooked?
46. Do you have a favourite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A dog. They have such a relaxing life!
48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
49. What kind of vacations do you like?
I love exploring a place and experiencing the culture.
50. What are some of your major goals in life?
Make a full recovery, be happy, buy a house, travel.
51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
There’s no such thing as a small goal.
52. What do you like least about yourself?
The way I look
53. What embarrasses you?
I feel embarassed a lot due to my anxiety. I often feel stupid when talking to people in the gym.
54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
55. What’s your earliest memory?
Helping my mum bath my sister when she was a newborn. I was 3 years old.
56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
Dave (cheesy but true), Sami, Kristy
58. What do you think people think of you?
Confident, outgoing, talkative, happy
59. What were your grades like in school?
60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
I’d love to be able to draw. I’m not artistic in the slightest!
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I seem like an extrovert to people. I feel more like an introvert since having my breakdown in December.
62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
Don’t think so
63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
If they make the effort with you
64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others?
I think all people are equally valuable.
66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
Bit of both
68. Do you think God exists?
69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
I always vote. I believe you can’t moan about things if you don’t vote. I have more recently been voting by postal vote.
71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
I don’t think either gay or straight people choose.
72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
Getting rid of people in my life who do not provide anything positive.
76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Being in relationships with idiots
77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
Focusing on children as future adults rather than on exams and testing.
79. In general, what do you think about art?
I can appreciate it.
80. What are some of your favorite websites?
Wordpress, Buzzfeed, The Guardian
81. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
That my job is fine when I actually had to give up my job in December.
83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
That I have depression and anxiety.
84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
That I am loyal and trustworthy
85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
Hug Dave, take Walter to the toilet and sort his breakfast out.
86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
My breakdowns, being bullied, being let down by friends
87. Do you cry easily?
In the house yes, in public no
88. How do you feel about public speaking?
I was ok with it before my breakdowns. Not a fan now.
89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
No, especially if it is with someone I don’t know
90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
Drew Barrymore, Laura Prepon, Jennifer Lawrence,
92. What’s one of your favourite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
I don’t really have one.
93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
Not really pulled pranks
96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
I honestly can’t remember
97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
The emergency services
98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
Treat others how you want to be treated.
99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
Hated. At least you know you have made some sort if impression.
100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
Yes. There’s more I want to do in life.